Friday 23 August 2013

Cream Eyeshadows

Cream Eyeshadows



Up until last summer, I never got the point of these types of products. That was until I bought a Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo. I honestly didn't understand how I had survived so long with out an eye shadow base for my oily eyelids! I now wear a cream eye shadow everyday, be it to prime my eyelids for eye shadow, or just on their own. I have 3 of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, and 2 MAC Paint Pots. Here's my verdict: 
I keep my cream eyeshadows in this glass pot from Ikea. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but it was definitely under £5.


M.C.T in Eternal Gold: This is my least favourite of all of my cream eyeshadows. I have to work hard to get any dense colour on my eyelids with this. It's beautiful, but it's not pigmented enough for my. Granted, no one wants gold custard powder looking eyelids, but still, a little more pigmentation would be nice. Also, I can feel this one drying up alot faster than other ones I own. 

M.C.T in On and On Bronze: From the not so good, to the incredible. This colour beats Eternal Gold hands down! It is gorgeous on it's own, but I really like it for a primer, it gives more intensity to the colour of the eyeshadow I am using, and although I cannot speak from experience, I really do think this one would last for 24 hours!

M.C.T in Immortal Charcoal: I don't use this often, just for nights out when I'm wearing a smokey eye. Much like On and On Bronze, it lasts forever, and works amazingly as a primer. I love how it's metallicy, so looks beautiful with or without eyeshadow on top!

L-R: On and On Bronze, Immortal Charcoal, Eternal Gold
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study: Oh wow. This is a pearly stunning beauty. I like how this looks alone on quick simple make up days, but I LOVE how this looks with Stilas Kitten (although any other pearly champagney colours would work well too!) This was my first MAC paint pot, and I do not regret it one bit, LOVELY!

MAC Paint Pot in Eclair: This is my fave of the entire bunch! I think this may have been limited edition, however, MAC Constuctivist is very similar. This looks gorgeous with the darker brown colours from the Stila in the Light Palette. I also love this alone. I have pretty much been wearing this every day for the past few weeks, yet there is still barely a dent in it. Providing this doesn't dry up (which I really hope it doesn't) I'm sure this will last over a year!

MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study and Eclair
What cream eyeshadow/bases do you guys use? What do you think of the MCT and MAC paint pots?

L-R: MAC Bare Study & Eclair, Maybelline On and On Bronze, Eternal Gold & Immortal Charcoal
Kelly 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try out Eclair paint pot! I love the MCT in on-and-on bronze, can't live without it! x

    Lucy | Lucys Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete