Friday 23 August 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains VS Clinique Chubby Stick Intense

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains VS Clinique Chubby Stick Intense

Now, there is no secret that the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains were always going to be compared to Cliniques' more pricey offering. And I can see exactly why. I chose to compare the colour Crush from Revlon, with Cliniques' Grandest Grape.
Revlon's Crush, Clinique's Grandest Grape

Colour- As you can see, these are pretty similar in colour. I liked the darker purpley/red offerings from both companies, and I have to report back, they are very similar. However, personally I prefer the slightly more red tinge to Clinique's Grandest Grape. Clinique'sGrandest Grape also applies colour more evenly. WINNER: Clinique
L-R: Clinique- Revlon

Revlon's Crush, Clinique's Grandest Grape
Texture - Both these lip products are creamy to apply and go on smoothly. I would say Cliniques is slightly more drying though. WINNER: Revlon

Staying Power: Sorry Revlon, but in the most important category, Clinique 
wins. The chubby stick does not budge from my lips all day. I think this may be because I have a darker colour, which tend to last longer, but still, this is impressive. Revlon's Crush stays on for longer than you would expect given it's cheaper price tag! WINNER: Clinique

Price: I cannot remember exactly how much Cliniques chubby stick cost me, as I was in Spain when I bought it, and currency conversion confuses me no end! However, I think they are £17 in Boots. Revlon's dupe is over half price, at £7.99. WINNER: Revlon
Clinique
Revlon




















It's a tough call between these two. To me, Clinique has won in the two most important categories, colour and staying power. If you're looking for a great alternative, I say go with Revlon. However, if you can afford it, go for Clinique, you won't regret it :)

Kelly 
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment