Saturday 18 January 2014

My Top 5 From You Beauty Advent

Top 5: You Beauty Advent 



Like I mentioned in a previous post, I received the You Beauty Advent Calendar for Christmas, and I adored it! I am impressed with pretty much every item, and I am loving using all the minis, and treating myself with a bit of high end luxury! I've picked my top 5 from the calendar, things I am pretty sure I will either repurchase, or lust after until I can ask for them on my birthday!

Caudalie Feuille de Cassis hand cream. 
This smells like blackcurrants, which is amazing. I use this multiple times a day, and it leaves my hands feeling soft and smooth. I love that the smell lngers for a while too, as it is such a gorgey smell.

Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Bath and Shower Oil.
AHH. This is incredible. Obviously it is one of those luxuries I will never justify repurchasing myself, but I will try and find a few minis. You just drop a capful in your bath, and I spreads a gorgeous relaxing smell through the house. I also like that my skin feel nice and nourished when I get out of the bath.

Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips.
Hahaha nipple balm. You will probably all know this, but for those of you who don't, as I understand it, this was originally formulated for women breastfeeding, to stop it from hurting their nipples. I haven't tried this for that purpose, but I can tell you it's the best lipbalm I have ever tried (ok I have not tried many but this far out runs Carmex). It is a very thick balm, and I use it every night before I go to bed, waking up with smooth soft lips. My only problem is that in my freezing cold student house, this pretty much freezes in the tube and is a bugger to squeeze out! 

Leighton Denny Vamp.
There is nothing bad about this except that I want more of it and I do not have it. It is a perfect colour for winter, a lovely berry red. It also dries quicker than I expected (and quicker than any other polish I own) and it leaves an opaque shiny finish in only 2 coats. 

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
I have quite oily skin, so I was slightly reluctant to try this. However, I am a convert to oil cleansers. This is amazing, melts away your make up and leaves your skin feel really clean, and also quite moisturised. It feel like it is taking away the bad shit on my skin, but still leaving the moisture and plumping it up too. I honestly cannot rave about this enough, it's a certain repurchase!

Like I said, I loved nearly all of the products in the calendar, but these were my absolute fave faves. Did any of you get this calendar this year, or any other beauty calendars? What did you think? I liked the look of the benefit one, and of course I will always dream of the Selfridges one haha!

Kelly 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment